Up to 10 finalist teams will each be awarded a NZ$35,000 prize package that includes:
- NZ$10,000 cash to develop the proposed wearable technology solution into a prototype. It is expected that the finalists use this money to fund development in New Zealand of a prototype for the testing and final judging of C-Prize 2017.
- Access to stage one of the Callaghan Innovation IP programme.
- Access to New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE) programmes support.
- Access to two C-Prize programme workshops, delivered by Callaghan Innovation and the C-Prize network of experts, to support the development of the wearable technology prototype and user benefit opportunity.
One C-Prize grand-prize winner will be awarded a NZ$100,000 prize package that includes:
- NZ$50,000 cash.
- An expenses-paid North American market insights trip (for up to four team members) which includes attendance at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Trade Show in Las Vegas, January 2018.
- Wide market exposure supported by Callaghan Innovation and NZTE.
- Directional support to progress commercialisation opportunities.
- A Projet 1200 Micro SLA (3D) printer from Fuji Xerox (RRP $8,500).
- A 12-month tenancy for (for up to four people) at the Human Performance Innovation Centre in Auckland.